Great people of Fort Worth, this is a great week to be alive. Today marks the beginning of American Craft Brewing Week! Yes, all of your favorite beers have a week to celebrate their awesomeness. How should you celebrate American Craft Beer Week? Send a comment to your favorite breweries Facebook page. Go grab a cold six pack of your favorite brew. Go down to your favorite pub and grab a pint of your favorite brew. Ultimately you can see where I’m going with this. Get off the couch and go out and support your favorite craft brewer!
Great places to celebrate American Craft Beer Week around Fort Worth:
- 5/13 – Pint glass night: Brooklyn Half Ale. Buy the pint and keep the glass while supplies last!
- Great Fort Worth brew pub that serves tasty food with some of the best beer in Fort Worth. Recomendation is to try the “Brown Chicken Brown Cow” Brown Ale.
- A great selection of beer with a nice patio to take in the Fort Worth beauty.
- 5/14 – Featuring New Belgium Brewing! On tap, they will have 2 of their sours rarely seen in TX plus Snapshot Wheat, with glassware. They will also have their year-round beers in both bottles and cans. To make the night even better, the New Belgium team will be in house along with one of their brewers to tell you anything and everything you’d ever want to know about the brewery. Starts at 6PM!
- Located in downtown, this pub has a huge selection of beers that are sure to give any craft beer option that you could possibly desire.
- 5/13 – There will be 40+ cans of amazing American Craft Beer available, and they will also have their weekly Trivia Bowl starting at 8pm!
- 5/14 – Double feature! All day they are welcoming fellow BeerKnurds for their Annual Appreciation Glass. They will also have a lineup of Quad’s being tapped for the night: Deep Ellum – 4 Swords, Avery Brewing – The Reverend, Elevation Beer Company – Apis IV, New Belgium – Cascara Quad, and Sierra Nevada – Barrel Aged Ovila. Capping off the night they are tapping one of their last kegs of Ovila with Plums (with a limited amount of stemware available).
- 5/15 – Tap Takeover with Founders Brewing. When the doors open they will have All Day IPA, Dirty Bastard, Oatmeal Stout on Nitro, Imperial Stout, and their last keg of Breakfast Stout. Then at 4pm they will commence with Curmudgeon Old Ale and Backwoods Bastard. At 6pm, they will have Devil Dancer and KBS.
- 5/16 – Upslope Brewing will be sponsoring live music by a great local band, The Roomsounds on the patio. Be sure to check it out!
- 5/17 – This is going to be a jam-packed day of activities with Oskar Blues and Stone Brewing. Starting at 2PM they will have the first of 2 eating contests. The first being a quantity challenge where the first man or woman to devour 25 wings will win some cool swag and Beerknurd prizes. At 4PM there will be the Hotter than Hell contest, where each contestant must eat 12 of the hottest wings, and the first to complete the challenge without drinking anything besides their one glass of beer will win. Participation is limited and the entrance fee of $10 gets you the food and 2 pours of any Stone or Oskar Blues beer. If you’re more focused on the beer (I know I am), there will be TWO special tappings from each brewery!
So thats it Fort Worth, go drink beer and be merry. More importantly, share a photo on our Facebook page of you and some friends celebrating American Craft Beer Week! (https://www.facebook.com/fortworthbeer)